It exists since 2018, specially created for the 10th edition of the Hosanna in the Heights festival. Head, founder and conductor: Anelia Kocheva.
Choir was created at NSU “Sofia” with the idea of participating in the 10th edition of the festival “Hosanna in the Heights” in 2018, and in 2019 – participation in the 11th edition.
In 2019, the activities are held in the community center “Andrei Stoyanov”, where they participate in the Christmas concert of the community center.
In 2020, rehearsals continue at the leader’s home.
In 2021, the choir performed at the “Muses” festival in Sozopol and at the 12th “Hosanna in the Heights” festival in the Boris garden.
The children also participated in several liturgies in the church “Saint Boris the Baptist” in the city of SOFIA. Zh.k. Sheep font-2″.
In the period 2020-2022, the choir has several prizes from various competitions.
In 2022 Children’s Choir “St. Seraphim” participates in 2 contests, 1 festival, online with entries. More than 10 performances are planned in different cities of Bulgaria.
The choir performs mostly Orthodox music and has an Orthodox repertoire.
To the composers Georgi Popov, Kiril Popov, Stoyan Babekov, Monodies and Troparies, works by Dmitry Bortnyansky.
Main activities are visiting and singing in temples and monasteries.
Participation in Festivals, Competitions and several concerts, followed by solo concerts. Participations – 13-15.05.2022. St. Cyril and Methodius competition festival, Popovo. Performances – Choir of St. Seraphim of Sofia on youtube.
- Awards, prizes, certificates; – prize from the “Muses” festival in Sozopol 2021. Certificates for participation in the festival “Hosanna in the Heights” 2018, 2019, 2021. Prize from the competition festival “Bulgarian Soul of the Holy Land” in Israel 2022. Prize from the competition festival “St. Cyril and Methodius” Popovo 2022.
- Good practices – key moments in the performance of the work;
- Selection of choristers
- Work with the choristers / in groups, by voices, vocal technique, intonation, dynamics and solving all problems until the completion of the work, stage behavior, psychological approach to children and parents, etc./
- An interesting shared story from which others can draw experience and inspiration;
- Photos – Saint Seraphim Choir of Sofia – Facebook page.