The choir was founded at the end of 1975. Since 2003, it bears the name of its creator and longtime conductor Stefka Blagoeva (1938-2000). Today, the choir conductor is Milka Toledova. She has been working with the Plovdiv boys for 30 years.
In the beginning, he was the leader of the preparatory choir and solfeggio teacher, then assistant conductor, and since 1996, conductor. Under her leadership, the ensemble performs successful concerts and has been honored with a number of awards from national and international choral festivals and competitions.
Boys from Plovdiv schools from 9 to 14 years of age participate in the choir.
Its activities are carried out in the Municipal Children’s Complex – Plovdiv, with the director Mrs. Lyubov Stoyanova and supported by the non-profit association “Choir School “St. Blagoeva”, with the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mr. Todor Gorinov, integrally with people from the beginning until today, who invested his rich creative and organizational experience to confirm and popularize the art of the “Plovdiv Nightingales”.
There are numerous successful appearances in major national music forums:
- “Varna Summer” International Music Festival;
- “Panorama of the Bulgarian choral art” – Sofia;
- International children’s and youth choir holidays “Dobri Voynikov”-Shumen;
- International Festival of Orthodox Music “Praise the Lord” – Sofia;
- Thracian Choir Festival-Yambol;
- International Festival of Male Choirs “St. Ivan Rilski”-Dupnitsa;
- festival of opera, operetta and ballet art – Plovdiv,
- Music festival of the Ancient Theater-Plovdiv, etc.